The Charm Offensive style began its life as a way to get responses from cold emails.
This context is very different from writing pitches to an email list or on social media.
In the last year, I’ve blended my disarming humorous style with rhetorical devices and the persuasive concepts of direct response copywriting to great effect.
I’ve developed a style which stands out, entertains, and most importantly, converts.
I’ve never released a training that specifically talks about this potent blend of charm and persuasion.
Until, as you may have guessed, now…
How to write disarming emails that convert like a charm.
This awesome pack will go into great detail, covering:
- How to use these crafty coy little bullet points that evoke curiosity with their combination of vagueness and specificity. *ahem* 😉
- Incorporate easy to use joke formulas such as “The hyperbole pack pedal”, “Words in their mouth”, “2 Hands” and a variety of others to add spunk, chutzpah, and moxie to your copy
- Use conflicting word combinations to make copy to maintain attention and make people smile
- The counter-intuitive way of talking up your own self-interested goals to great persuasive effect
- Quash your prospects objections with the “absurd scenario” technique
- Deploy unorthodox calls to action to maximise click-through rates
- Thwart the enemies of good copy: the immovable object(writer’s block) and the irresistible force(imposter syndrome)
- Make the use of scarcity far more fun for everyone involved, while still maintaining its efficacy
- A simple clever trick that uses informal and formal copy together to create humorous sentences
- The common mindset issue that people have that prevents them from writing high-converting, charming, funny copy
- How to provide ‘silly’ reasons for sales offers that make people laugh and reach for their wallets
- A few crafty tricks to maximising open rates on your most crucial, time-sensitive pitch emails
- The 5 key elements you need in any charming sales pitch
- The ‘scenic route’ tactic to celebrate your successes without appearing arrogant, and to criticise others without being direct.
- The ‘creative pattern interrupt’ techniques I use on social media to stop people from scrolling
- The charming little lines I add to social media posts to boost engagement and reach significantly.
- The clumsy, herky-jerky, sentence structure that when used, adds a sort of ‘comic-timing’ to your copy
- The weird ‘metric humour’ trick I learned from watching my favourite sitcom growing up, Cheers.
- A cunning, but lazy technique that uses specificity to make your copy resonate with more of your audience
- An unorthodox post you can make on Facebook that will get enormous reach and promote whatever you want
- A simple tactic you can use to generate a huge level of responses from the first email in your autoresponder sequence
- How to write emails even when you’re in a bad mood or have no motivation or are recklessly hungover
- The key elements to ask to be included in your client testimonials that will maximise their persuasive effect
- How to make people want to click on links to your video testimonials, and engage with them on social media
- The most cost-effective cosmetic that anyone can add to their copy to make themselves more likeable and to drive a ton more sales
- Use the power of recognition to write funny in-jokes that will resonate with your audience, building a strong level of rapport in the process
- Most effectively incorporate humorous storytelling into your sales copy, allowing you to generate an ROI from your memory of your life experiences. (Even some of the bad ones!)
- The clever little rhetorical trick used by a former UK Prime Minister and several former US Presidents to make them appear more likeable, and how you can use this tactic in your copy
- Write funny P.S. lines to finish your email with a wry smile
- An overview of the various types of email I send, and their structure.
- The writing mindset I learned from one of my favourite authors, Hunter S. Thompson and how you can use it to write more captivating and entertaining copy
- What my top selling products are, why they are the top sellers, and how to create your own versions of these for your market
- The amusing “tenuous transition” technique you can use to not so gently move in to your pitch
- The tiny but crucial change I made to my pitch emails after seeing Ben Settle’s that completely changed how I wrote emails to my list
- How to maximise the reach of any social media pitch post by doing one thing a little differently
- How to do subtle “soft” promotion of your new product to build awareness and and anticipation
- Generate genuine testimonials for your product before you’ve even sold a copy
How I write emails that convert FAST – Value £199
I get up in the morning. I have to write emails. This section shows you how I do that.
- Where do I get my ideas?
- How do I get a first draft done.
- How do I ruthlessly edit them at speed.
- Thwart The Enemies of Good Copy: The Immovable Object (Writer’s Block) And The Irresistible Force (Imposter Syndrome).
Charming Emails that Convert Swipe Files – Value £99
A collection of my most successful emails, as judged by conversions, click-through rates and open rates.
This pack includes copies of my most effective emails for:
- Pre-selling products
- Flash sales
- Bundle offers
- Course launches
- Ebook launches
- Subscription Launches
Charming Social Media Content Swipe Files – Value £99
A swipe file of my most engaged and highly converting unique content posts from the Charm Offensive Facebook Group, and from my LinkedIn posts.
Why should you buy this brand new pack?
If you want to write charming copy that converts like a charm, this pack is for you. I mean, come on, it’s the name of the pack. It’s literally, exactly what you want. 😀
Jokes aside, this is an amazing pack.
You get to learn my process for writing emails and social posts that entertain, disarm, charm, and convert.
You’ll also have far more fun writing them, and you’ll stand out as a result. Plus, people tend to forgive you being in their inbox a lot if you can do it in an entertaining way…. *smiles sheepishly* (Thank you for remaining a subscriber. May I say, you have excellent taste? 😀 )
I’ve never before explained how I effectively use humour and persuasion together.
I go through humour writing techniques from satirical humour writing and stand-up comedy.
I then use various rhetorical devices and persuasive techniques from direct response copywriting.
It is this combination of techniques that has led to my distinct style of copy that stands out, entertain,s and most importantly, makes your audience pull out their cobweb-covered wallet/purse and hand over their money without a second thought. *ahem*
Humour alone doesn’t sell.
Humour potentiates an already persuasive message.
Humour makes you more likeable and credible.
Annnd, we know it fucking works:
It’s not frivolous.
It’s a weapon.
This training will show you how to copy my copy, and write disarming copy that converts like a Charm.
“What do I get in the pack, Jon?”
- How to Use Humour & Persuasion to Convert Like a Charm – 95 page eBook & 5 Training Videos – Value: £999
- BONUS: How I Write eBook & Training Video – Value: £199
- BONUS: Charming Email Copy That Converts – 3 Swipe Files – Value: £99
- BONUS: Charming Social Media Content That Engages & Converts – 2 Swipe Files – Value: £99